Pagina's

10 januari 2008

Stoney Creeks Quilted Hearts Afghan

Here's my progress on the new Stoney Creek Quilted Hearts Afghan so far:

It's not much yet but I find it a challenging project. In this block there's a lot of confetti stitching, hope that will be less in other blocks.
I am not using the original fabric (Fireside afghan) for this, neither am I using the recommended fabric (28 count Lugana) to make the whole design. I decided to use 28 count ivory white jobelan and make my own blocks on it, as I like the afghan idea of the design divided into blocks. It is quite different from working on 18 count afghan fabric in such a big project. But, like all Stoney Creek afghans, I think it will be stunning once finished (which will take at least about two years as the patterns come over that period of time, but I think that is a too positive estimation from my side...). But, any progress, however slow, is a step forward, so I'll happily work on it!

I also have a finish, on the round #4 blocks of the Fair and Square Exchange, but I cannot show them yet as they are still on their way to Joan in the USA. I hope she likes them.

Also another new start, but that cannot be showed as it is a surprise present too... lots of mystery stitching going on here!

Geen opmerkingen:

Wie volgt dit blog?